Handling electrical works is not easy as that involve life threatening risks both for kids and adults. Installing light switches can be a good option, but that also requires good knowledge and safety measures. Instead of taking risk, you can take help of professionals at Centrim Electric to accomplish the task of installing or repairing any electrical devices quite effectively. Centrim Electric provides a team of licensed electric contractors with years of experience in the same industry to accomplish various tasks that include installation, maintenance and repairs in an impeccable manner. Since safety is very important when it comes to use electrical devices, you must follow a few easy tips illustrated by Centrim Electric contractors. They are:
- The first step that you need to follow is the electrical safety. Whether you want to install light switch dimmer or light switch box, you need to make sure it is in a safety mode. Turn off the power supply prior to the installation.
- Check the incoming cable with the help of a voltage tester in the electric box.
- When you want to remove the old switches, make sure you have first removed the faceplate of the switch. Unscrew the screws and pull it out of the box. While doing this, you need to be very careful and make sure the switch is not in touch with the box. It is always good to remove the old switches and install new ones by experienced and licensed electric contractors
- There are two screws in a single-pole switch. While installing, ensure that the bottom screw is “off”, while the top is “on”.
- Wiring part is an indispensable part while installing the light switches. Connect the service panel wires both white and black to the bottom and top screws respectively.
- You can connect both the white wire from the service panel to the white wire in the outlet. Service panel also has green wire, which is meant to serve the purpose of earthing. Now connect the other end of the wire to the two green wires.
- Push the entire wires one after the other but make sure green wire is followed by white and black wire. Now try to fix the switch on the wall.
- Always consult licensed Centrim Electric commercial electrical contractors for any installation, repairs and maintenance work.
These are the very easy steps by Centrim Electric commercial electrical contractors to install light switches. Centrim Electric has earned great reputation in providing the best electric contractors to accomplish all tasks related to maintenance, repairs and installation of all electric devices in NJ and NY.